Thank you for your interest in Heartwood Charter School. Below you will find our online application for admission for the 2019-2020 school year. This application is used for our Independent Study Program as well as our Marin based homeschool program. Please read through each page to make sure you submit all of your documents. We can only enroll your child once we have all the necessary documents.
Part 1: Enrollment Application
Please fill out the application form below including both student and family information. This information is required for both our records and for state and federal reporting.
Part 2: Registration Materials
The documents below are required before we can confirm your child’s acceptance into Heartwood Charter School. Please email these to email@example.com after you have filled out the form below.
- Release of Records Request (Not required for entering Kindergarten students)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Notification
- Household Income Data Collection
- Media Release
- Health Examination Form (for students entering public school for the first time)
Child’s Proof of Age
Proof of Identification of Parent/Guardian
Child’s most recent immunization record
Proof of residency (please send 1 from each section)
- Homeowners: property tax bill, or receipt of property tax payment. We will accept the current closing statement or deed for newly purchased properties.
- Renters: current Lease Agreement with Manager/Landlord’s contact information and signatures. All pages of the original lease, including signature pages, are needed.
- Confirmation of service for utilities (water, electric, gas, refuse); or cable; or internet.
- Voter registration card
- Correspondence from a government agency to your address.
- DMV vehicle registration
Important Information for Applicants regarding age requirements:
Age eligibility for K1 (1st-year Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten) enrollment: For the 2019-20 school
year, a child must have his/her 5th birthday between September 2, 2019, and December 2nd, 2019, to be eligible to
attend K1. Students who turn 5 after December 2nd may be eligible for K1 after their 5th birthday. Please contact us
for more information.
Age eligibility for K2 (2nd-year Kindergarten) enrollment: For the 2019-20 school year, a child must have his/her
5th birthday on or before September 1, 2019, to be eligible to attend Kindergarten. (For the site-based Bothin
program, students must be 5 on or before June 1, 2019).
Your child must be turning 5+ their grade on or before September 1, 2019 (e.g. A 1st grader must be turning 6 by
June 1, 2019). (For the site-based Bothin program, students must be 5 on or before June 1, 2019).
After completing the online application please email to firstname.lastname@example.org the required items listed in Step 2, acceptance to Heartwood Charter School will not occur until all documents have been submitted.